Traditional Israeli Salad
You can enjoy a taste of Israel both before and after your trip with recipes from Israel Celebration Tours.
Today’s recipe is a traditional Israeli Salad. You will find this crisp, refreshing salad on Israeli tables for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is simple to prepare, and you can adjust many of the ingredients to suit your tastes.
- 4 small plum tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers, peeled
- 1 red onion
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- juice of ¼ to ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- Some chopped orange or yellow peppers
- Feta cheese
- Chopped, pitted olives
- Drained chickpeas
- Some Israelis add 1 teaspoon of sumac powder (found in Greek and Middle Eastern markets)
- Combine cucumbers, bell pepper, tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, parsley, salt and pepper in medium-sized salad bowl and mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, garnish salad with fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired.