Any way you look at it, the flight to Israel from the U.S. is a long one. Here are a few helpful hints that can make the trip a bit more bearable.
- Wear loose clothing. You don’t want to be restricted by a tight-fitting garment.
- Bring a sweater in your carry-on. You may get a bit chilly and blankets are not always available.
- Wear comfortable shoes. I like Crocs as I can slip my feet in and out of them easily.
- Drink a cup of water every hour. The fatigue you feel for the next day can be attributed not so much to the lack of sleep but to dehydration. You can eliminate 75% of your jetlag this way.
- Every hour or so, get up and walk around.
With these few suggestions, your long flight can be somewhat more comfortable.